Frequently Asked Questions
TUI Holiday Promise
Tui Holiday Promise
AS PART OF OUR HOLIDAY PROMISE, WE’RE OFFERING…
• If you’ve booked a package holiday, you’re entitled to your money back within a guaranteed 14 days in the unlikely event we have to cancel it. You’ll also have other options, including the opportunity to change your package booking to another holiday fee-free.
Note: For flight-only and accommodation-only bookings, you’ll receive a refund automatically within 14 days.
Plus, all our package holidays that include both flights and accommodation come with the extra armour of ABTA and ATOL protection, so you can rest assured that you’re financially protected, whatever happens.
• We’re committed to helping you manage your holiday payments in a way that suits you. You can secure your booking with a low deposit.
• Plus, you can take one of your little ones away without paying a penny for them, thanks to our free kids’ places. And, we’ve got deals on breaks in all shapes and sizes, including All Inclusive holidays – start your search on our deals homepage.
• There’s nothing more important to us than making sure you have an amazing holiday, which is why you can trust us to take you away and bring you home. But don’t just take our word for it – readers of the UK’s most-read newspaper have voted us ‘Most Trusted Travel Company’ and we’ve scooped thousands of ‘excellent’ reviews on Trustpilot.
• We’ve taken over two million of you on holiday this year so far. In June alone, we took over 750,000 holidaymakers away, and more than 99% of our flights took to the skies. We’ve been working hard since then to make sure that we’re all set for the rest of the summer. There’s loads going on behind the scenes – for example, we’ve got more standby aircraft available than ever before and we’ve recruited more colleagues to make your journey smoother.
•TUI will not travel a destination where the FCDO advises against all but essential travel
• If the FCDO advises against all but essential travel and we cancel your holiday, you’ll be able to rebook to an alternative destination, or cancel your holiday and receive a full refund within 14 days.
• If FCDO advice changes while you’re on holiday, you can rest assured that we’ll never leave you stranded overseas. If the UK government asks holidaymakers to return to the UK immediately, we’ll arrange alternative flights home and refund any lost nights on a pro rata basis.
• Before you go, we’ll let you know if there are any restrictions in your destination that we believe could significantly impact your enjoyment, and, we’ll give you the chance to change your booking fee-free.
• We’re really proud of our signature TUI service, and have thousands of Travel Experts and reps on hand to help you at every stage of your journey.
• Before you go, whether you need support filling in your travel paperwork, downloading the NHS or TUI app, or just want some friendly advice, tips or holiday inspiration, we’re here. Just pop in to one of our TUI Stores before you go, use our live chat, or give us a call.
• While you’re away, you can chat to our team – we’ve got lots of TUI reps in UK airports and in our destinations – or speak to us 24/7 via the TUI app or by giving us a call.
• We recommend that you download the easy-to-use TUI app before you go, so we can keep in touch with you every step of the way. Most of our hotels come with rep visits, and we’re always available by phone or SMS. If you’re looking for added peace of mind, and if it’s really important to you, make sure you select a hotel that offers rep service when you book.
• With your help, the TUI Care Foundation – an independent organisation initiated and supported by TUI – is working hard to ensure tourism continues to make a difference in the lives of young people, care for the natural world and help local communities thrive around the globe. Currently, the TUI Care Foundation runs 25 projects in 20 countries, including the Dominican Republic and Morocco.
• We have you – our loyal customers – to thank for making the TUI Care Foundation and the work it completes possible. Every time you book a holiday with us, you have the option to donate to the TUI Care Foundation, and it’s these donations that help to make a difference around the world.
• The TUI Care Foundation has also worked tirelessly since 2020 to support over 560 travel and tourism entrepreneurs during the pandemic with a COVID Relief Fund. This programme offers these small-scale entrepreneurs the funds and professional support they need to help recover after the COVID-19 pandemic. So far, this work has helped businesses in countries like Egypt, Kenya, Mexico and more.